SoCal has been experiencing a significant increase in COVID-19 related situations in the past two weeks. It is CRITICAL that we continue adhering to our MANDATORY COVID-19 Swinerton safety policies immediately.
Failure by Swinerton and Subcontractor employees to abide by Swinerton’s COVID-19 Plan and protocols may lead to removal from the Project as outlined below.
Increased Enforcement Not adhering to our COVID-19 policies is viewed no differently than any other safety violation. (Example: No Face Covering = No Hard Hat)
Failure to follow Swinerton safety measures will result in the following:
- First Offense Employee/worker will be given written notice indicating the nature of the offense.
- Second Offense Employee/worker will be sent home for a minimum of 1 day without pay.
- Third Offense Employee/worker will be sent home for a minimum of 3 days without pay.
- Fourth Offense Employee/worker shall be terminated.
This policy is for the protection of all employees and should be enforced consistently to assure fair treatment of all workers. The Swinerton mandatory requirements should be practiced at all times in all Swinerton field and office locations.
- DO NOT come to work if you are feeling sick!
- Swinerton supervisors have been briefed on the seriousness of the situation.
- Please direct any concerns to your HR partner immediately.
- When you are sick and you stay home, you are helping to protect your teammates. It is very important during these times that you let us know when you don’t feel well. No retaliation will be allowed for calling in sick.
- Practice Good and Consistent Hand Hygiene
- Frequent handwashing- You are encouraged to wash/sanitize your hands frequently throughout the day.
- Avoid contact with frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Practice Social Distancing 6’ both on and off the job
- No Passengers or Carpooling unless they are individuals who live in your home.
- Please remember to also maintain social distancing during rest and meal breaks
- When a person tests positive, all individuals who are deemed to have been in ‘close contact’ will be quarantined.
- Not adhering to social distancing is one of the highest contributing factors for individuals testing positive for COVID-19 post exposure.
- Wearing Face Coverings is required at all times in all Swinerton field and office locations
- Please ensure that both your mouth and nose are covered at all times
- There is an increase of self-quarantines because of individuals not taking precautions seriously in social situations outside of work, including with co-workers. Please remember, your actions outside of work can also put your co-workers, friends, and family at risk.
- Not adhering to this requirement can be a major disruption to your project site, to yourself and could affect others. It can also put your project at risk of being shut down by public health authorities.
Thank you all for understanding the severity of the situation and doing everything possible to protect our employees and their families.