The Swinerton Difference
Our goal is to provide the best and most cost-efficient quality-controlled UL-listed firestop installation to our projects. This adds value for our Owners, Subcontractors, and Employees.
The benefits of self-performed firestopping ensure the project will have one installation team and one single-source product manufacturer. Single-source firestopping will ensure proper and compliant installation of the best products for the project.
Swinerton employs a company-wide craft population of 2,400 workers, ensuring every firestopping project will be completed on schedule. Select groups of highly skilled carpenter-craftsmen, cross-trained in firestopping science and manufacturer approved product installation processes, ensure the entire project is completed in conformance with current firestop design.
HILTI FIRESTOP PRODUCTS
QUALITY SERVICE YOU CAN TRUST
Quality assurance is greatly increased when Swinerton installs your firestop system. We will incorporate the following firestop details into the BIM model, which serves a few important purposes:
- It ensures that each location requiring firestopping is detailed and identified.
- Knowing the scope (detailed locations) in advance, allows our quality team to verify that all locations are completed.
- The end product is shop drawings that can be provided to building management as as-builts. This equips them with details and locations that can be used if they need any modifications/alterations in the future.
- Swinerton’s Firestopping group is innovating life safety with the use of pre-formed firestop devices rather than traditional firestop “caulking.”
Self-perform consolidates separate installers and suppliers on the project to one entity for firestop scope. This ensures accountability and consistency throughout the building.
- Reduced inspection failures and risk of firestopping corrections during final walk with fire marshal for TCO.
- Dedicated staffing and manpower guarantees labor availability to make sure we maintain the schedule.
- One Team approach working in coordination with
all other trades from design-constructability to final closeout and billings.